5 Ways Your Company can Help People Affected by Hurricane Dorian
Companies large and small across America are responding to Hurricane Dorian Below are 5 ways that your company and employees can help.
- Make a Company Donation: Donate to a reputable organization – Many organizations are responding to Hurricane Dorian including the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and Global Impact. If you are looking for organizations that have a local office, check to see who the regional Community Foundation is supporting. In South Carolina, its the Coastal Community Foundation. They can assist in locating local nonprofits that are responding in various areas of need.
- Offer an Employee Matching Donation: To encourage employee donations, offer your employees an employee matching gift for organizations that are responding to the hurricane relief effort. With GivingTrax Cloud Software, companies are able to easily create & offer a matching program for employee donating to organizations on the ground. Your employee matching program can be up and running today.
- Collect Supplies: Engage your employees in collecting much needed supplies to help with relief efforts. Everything from food and water to clothing is needed.
- Encourage Employee Volunteerism: Encourage your employees to volunteer to help with Hurricane Dorian rescue operations by providing them the ability to take time off, particularly if you have employees that are trained in emergency response.
- Donate products: Many of the items needed to support a rescue operation may be the very thing your company makes or does. Does your company offer a product or service that can help? Many supplies will be needed including – toilet paper, diapers, non-perishable foods, toiletries. If you company makes item that can help, it’s a great way to respond.
For more information about GivingTrax Cloud Software Disaster Response, or if you want help creating an employee matching donation program for Hurricane Dorian rescue efforts, please call us at (253) 444-1919 or email [email protected].